Spring is a time of new beginnings with longer days and warmer weather, a good time of the year to plan a move. Typically, most people have no choice as to when they move, but rather real estate, family and work schedules all play a role in determining the timeliness of a move. However, for those of you who are fortunate enough to make the transition of moving as stress-free as possible; consider a move in spring!
Three good reasons to move in spring:
- Good weather – the weather can greatly impact the success of your move. In springtime, the weather is milder across the country which will make your move much easier and stress-free. You and your movers can move your personal belongings in a safe and more comfortable environment without the added worry of dangerous weather conditions.
- Spring Break – with the kids still in school, an ideal time to plan a move is spring break if you want to enlist help from everyone in the family. On the other hand, if the kids are preoccupied in school, this allows you the freedom to organize, pack and get ready for the move. Either way, both are good options.
- Availability of moving companies – the availability of moving companies is likely to be better in the spring versus the summer. Since summer is considered the most traditional time to move with the kids out of school and summer vacations, moving companies will be busier. Getting a head start and booking your move early will help ensure a successful move.
Remember to schedule your move at least 3 to 6 months in advance so you can get your preferred date and time with your professional mover. This will allow your mover to reserve the day and number of trucks you will need, along with scheduling the on-site visit to your home to make an inventory of your personal belongings.
To schedule a move please visit our website:
http://bbdmoving.com/to schedule your move today.
Many people are unaware of moving company scams until it’s too late and the damage has been done. They have either been overcharged or scammed with damages or loss to their personal belongings by a moving company. This can be true, especially if you have not moved many times in your lifetime, and not experienced in dealing with moving companies. However, the moving industry can be full of scams that the consumer should be aware of before hiring a professional moving company.
Four good tips to follow:
- Research moving companies – always do your research first and go online to research at least 3 professional moving companies and review references and recommendations. It’s a good idea to get word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and family, of reputable professional movers they have had experience with.
- On-site visits – reputable movers will insist on on-site visits to inspect your household goods to estimate bulk and weight. For Long Distance Moves your movers will also make an inventory list of your goods including items in your cabinets and closets. Moving prices are based on not only mileage and time, but on weight of your belongings and how many trucks they will need, depending the type of moving service you require.
- Payment – reputable movers will not request cash or any large deposit before your move. You generally pay upon delivery. If you pay upfront you have little control over whether you will see your belongings again. When paying, use a credit card to protect against any fraudulent activity.
- Moving Company name – some companies can get around the Better Business Bureau and other scam busters by conducting business under new company names. Be certain to check on the company name, a local address and information about licensing and insurance. Always, ask for three references in your local area within the past three months.
Remember, when hiring a professional mover, ask for a detailed invoice of all charges and estimates of total cost of your move to avoid any hidden fees or charges during your move. To learn more about moving scams visit: http://www.movingscams.com/
Please visit our website to schedule your move: http://bbdmoving.com/