With the prospect of opening your life to a set of new and wonderful experiences, making a move can be one of the greatest events in your life. In this regard, making use of a movers service is an exceptional idea that can both expedite and simplify the process, provided you plan accordingly. Allowing movers into a home that is unpacked and unprepared can mean huge stress for all parties concerned, so take a moment to look over our quick and easy top ten list, designed to assist you in preparing for a moving service.
- Clear your schedule. A homeowner who is absent on moving day can make for a lot of headache and misunderstanding, so for best results clear your schedule for the day the movers will be present.
- Gather trip essentials. Items you plan on taking with you should be set aside in an area that the movers will not have access to. This ensures no misunderstandings.
- Reduce crowd traffic. If it’s possible to have pets out of the way, either with boarding or staying with a friend, this can help keep the moving space less chaotic.
- Have assigned roles.Letting all parties present know the game plan before the movers arrive can dramatically reduce confusion.
- Measurements. Measuring furniture and entranceways helps keep the plan intact, and can help with any possible misunderstandings about what goes where. If a piece was constructedin room, it may need to be deconstructed to get it out.
- Fragile. Breakables should have their own dedicated packing. This both ensures the safety of the movers, and your belongings.
- Perishables. Defrost your fridge and freezer, and dispose of all perishable food. You don’t want a nasty surprise when the refrigerator gets to your new home!
- Remove. Drain or remove Anyfuel sources. Drain gasoline or kerosene from lawn equipment and heaters, and take out and store batteries from all electronics, backup computer files and be sure all CDs and entertainment tools are out of your devices.
- Take inventory. Make a list of all items in your home, preferably. At the very least, valuables such as jewelry, expensive appliances and heirlooms.
- Confirm. Your date and time with the movers.
Following these steps can lead to a much better experience, ensuring you can go forward with your life, stress not included!
Contact BB&D Moving and Storage for all your moving needs: http://bbdmoving.com/