Planning a big move in the near future? Great! Moving can be a fantastic experience, full of new adventures, fresh starts, and clean slates. But there can also be an unfortunate downside. Sometimes moves don’t go as planned, and there’s no shortage of people with stories about how they got burned by movers in the past. When this happens, it tends to color opinions and create a negative bias toward moving companies in general.
The experts at BB&D don’t want your moving story to be an unhappy one. To help keep your move on track and your experience positive, here are some tips on how to avoid common mistakes consumers make when choosing a moving company:
- Know that not all movers are equal. This doesn’t mean that you’ve got to sift through a lot of bad to find the good. Rather, it means that not all movers will be a good fit for your particular needs and concerns. Often, to save time and hassle, consumers just go with the first available option. But this can be a misstep. Just like buying a car or getting an insurance quote or seeking a second (or third) opinion on a health ailment, it’s worth the investment to shop around a bit—to pick a moving company that aligns with your budget, schedule, content volume, business values, and work ethic.
- Be sure all fees are crystal clear up front. Don’t get blindsided by hidden fees that don’t hit you until during or after the move. Talk about and settle on all aspects pertaining to cost before signing on the dotted line. You should feel free to ask all the questions you want to feel comfortable and confident in knowing what your total payment will be before it’s time to pay.
- Confirm that the moving company is insured. All proper moving businesses are insured, so do a little research and ask for proof of insurance while you’re shopping around. Insurance alone can make all the difference between hiring a solid, dependable company instead of a bunch of swindlers.
- Avoid a last-second move. We get that people can’t always control the flow of their life—new job offers can arise quickly, you can be called on to relocate near family members at a moment’s notice, and your college-bound child could be moved off the “wait list” and into the “accepted” pile at any point. Still, picking a mover out of a hat at the eleventh hour is never advised. It can lead to unclear details, unnecessary costs, and unanticipated obstacles—none of which will ultimately get you where you need to be any quicker.
- Discuss the entire process. As with any negotiation, you’ll want to discuss all steps of your move before it actually begins—from the exact date of pickup to what items to pack yourself to how to contact your movers en route. Understanding all the details before moving day is the best step you can take to create a moving day that ends well!
The professionals at BB&D are always clear, concise, honest, and punctual. Keep these tips in mind to be well on your way to a clean, stress-free move.
Contact us today to learn more:
BB&D Moving Services
301-573-5447 (MD) | 571-375-2826 (VA) | 786-390-4040 (FL) | bbdmoving.com/