When it comes to packing up and moving out, most people are concerned about the associated expenses—and rightly so. It’s both savvy and sensible to want to weigh the pros and cons of hiring a professional moving service versus trying to go the DIY route. Will it be worth the expenditure? Do the benefits outweigh the costs? Do you have the resources to undertake such a considerable task on your own?
As with any financial decision, you’ll want to consider your specific circumstances, needs, and budget to determine if you prefer the outlay of time, labor, effort, and energy to be yours or someone else’s. To help you make that determination about your upcoming move, here’s a list of advantages professional movers bring to the table in case you don’t want to move that table yourself!
The Benefits of Professional Packers & Movers
- Assurance. With a professional moving company, you can rest assured that your move will be managed by experts who do this for a living, day in and day out. Your belongings will be properly protected during transport, and you can be confident that your possessions will remain intact from point A to point B, no matter the volume of your move or the distance it covers. With the insurance and safeguards in place by reputable moving companies, you might have other worries on your mind about relocating, but you’ll have peace of mind about the move itself.
- Safety. Some DIY projects are relatively risk-free. Moving the entire contents of a family home? Not so much. Large and heavy items require appropriate equipment to safely move and proper procedures for heavy lifting. Personal injuries are common among self-movers, and damage to furniture and fragile items even more so. Professionals, however, mitigate all risks to both persons and possessions, following strict safety guidelines and protocols to fully protect your valuables.
- Quality control. All’s well when things go according to plan. But when they don’t? When the size U-Haul you reserved isn’t there, when the day laborers you hired don’t show up, when you can’t get that entertainment unit out the door after all? Even the best-laid plans go awry, but if you leave the planning to a professional company, the chances of your move going off without a hitch drastically increase and the likelihood of unanticipated issues cropping up drastically decreases. Even if a problem is encountered, it’s the moving company’s responsibility to deal with and resolve. You’re paying for their expertise and experience, and that’s exactly what you’ll get, whether it’s keeping your items dry in the rain or getting those stubborn legs off the pool table.
- Efficiency. No matter how strong or gung-ho your makeshift crew might be, there’s no way they’re going to be faster or more efficient than professional movers who have industry-grade equipment to transport bulky items from here to there, who know how to maneuver around corners and navigate stairways, who are adept at wrapping items and ensuring they don’t move around in transmit. Based on the prep work and inventory done on your home before moving day, they know just what to expect and come equipped with all of the manpower and materials needed for a swift and successful move.
- Reduced costs. Sounds counterintuitive, right? But hear out this argument first. Moving is not a cheap venture, that’s true. Insurance premiums, licenses and certifications, fair wages, vehicle maintenance, equipment and supplies, mileage and gasoline—it all must be accounted for in consumer estimates. But what if the consumer pays for everything out-of-pocket themselves? Moving blankets, tarps, protectors, and containers. Trunk rental, with strict pickup and drop-off deadlines that incur late fees. Labor-for-hire. Dollies and carts and ramps. Possibly even trailers and hitches. Travel expenses, like tolls, sundries, and accommodations needed while in transit. And what about visits to the chiropractor or orthopedist if your back goes out or you break your ankle? Repairs that will be needed if you damage anything on the way out of your old home or on the way into your new one? Bottom line: à la carte pricing can sometimes work in your favor; far more often, a fixed price turns out to be your best bet.
All of these advantages add up to a stress-free move that puts you in the driver’s seat of hiring professional help … without having to do the actual heavy lifting and truck driving yourself!
Call BB&D Moving Services today to talk more about how we can facilitate and expedite your move: 301-573-5447 (MD) | 571-375-2826 (VA) | 786-390-4040 (FL) | bbdmoving.com/