Some people think that a move is a move is a move—that residential moves and commercial moves are just two sides of the same coin … six of one, half dozen of the other. Well, that isn’t the case. The two types of moves may be cut from the same cloth—both in involve packing away, boxing up, and shipping out, after all—but they’re actually quite different in terms of content, constitution, and concerns.
First of all, business equipment isn’t like knickknacks and craft-room supplies and the kids’ favorite toys—most of it can’t be safely ensconced in bubble wrap and snugly tucked away in reinforced boxes. Rather, there are bulky shapes involved, very sensitive and vulnerable pieces, cords and wires hanging out every which way. Second, moving a business can be a heavy-duty enterprise—wooden desks, metal chairs, conference tables, whiteboards, endless boxes of years’ worth of files and folders … these are not lightweight items that people can just easily load onto a U-Haul by themselves and drive on over to the new office. And third, there’s simply a different level of attachment to professional possessions versus personal ones. Sure, you need that printer or photocopier to get Tuesday’s workload done, but if it breaks or malfunctions, it can easily be replaced or repaired in a day, usually even covered by business insurance. Aunt Julia’s tea set, handed down through the generations? Not so much.
What all this means to the business owner is that it’s appropriate, applicable, prudent, and even emotionally comfortable to hire an outside company to complete the commercial move for you. Not just any company: a highly reputable one with expert-level service and extensive experience handling commercial relocations. So whether you’re moving from one town to another for a better lease arrangement or you’re downsizing or completely restructuring amid today’s great transition to remote work, here’s what you can expect from BB&D’s first-rate commercial “Smart Moving Package”:
- Packing and Unpacking: everything from IT equipment to furniture and office supplies
- Handling: loading and unloading of all office items
- Eco-Friendly Plastic Containers: drop-off, pack-up, and pick-up options available
- Plastic Dollies: to reduce volume and maximize time- and cost-effectiveness
- Storage: lighted and temperature-controlled facilities, with 24/7 security
- Disconnect and Reconnect: all office equipment and technology
- Archiving: file and documentation backup and storage services available
- Multiple Destinations: making as many stops as you need, to deliver specific items or to specific locations
BB&D is a family-owned company that employs full-time, background-checked, uniformed workers. We’re known for going above and beyond for our customers; let us go the extra mile for you so that you can get back to work quickly, safely, and efficiently.
BB&D Moving Services
301-57-5447 (MD) | 571-375-2826 (VA) | 786-390-4040 (FL) | bbdmoving.com/